Saturday, April 27, 2013

Thoughts on Spring Cleaning

I feel like my wife and I were pretty productive today. First I finally got around to mowing the lawn for the first time this season. There was one point where the grass was so thick and I was moving too fast (at a walk) that I actually stalled the mower. Going over that patch a bit slower let me take it out though.

After that, and lunch, we started in on what we refer to as the office. This is where our computers are and it was in pretty bad shape. Truth be told it still isn't actually clean, but I can actually see the surfaces of both of the desks that make up my corner. I also raised my two monitors (having experienced 2 monitors, I far prefer the increased real estate to a single monitor) up onto a mostly unused shelf that was sitting behind them.

This made an incredible difference for my entire desk. Not only did it make the space they were sitting in usable, it made the mostly unused space behind them (and under the shelf) usable as well. Now I'll just have to get used to the raised position of the monitors. While I am slouching pretty bad right now, for the most part I have found that I have had better posture with them standing higher.

I'm sure this post has been pretty boring so far, so here are some amusing tidbits from our adventures in cleaning.

  1. We found a small LEGO creator kit, I built the race car and it is now sitting on the shelf with my monitors, I may or may not have been playing with the race car all evening to the annoyance of my wife.
  2. We filled a medium sized trash bin twice with recyclables.
  3. We found a birthday card that was supposed to go to somebody a few weeks ago (technically this was found in the kitchen, and they did get the present at the appropriate time).
  4. We found a hospital bill that was over a year old.
  5. Pants which had a loose button, and therefore were on the sewing table for over year were fixed.
  6. ???
  7. Profit
Now to get ready for the D&D adventure I'm running tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment